Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Addicted to Cigarettes and Marijuana for 40 Years


Before I came to The Universal Church I was addicted to cigarettes for 40 years and marijuana for 20 years, and on top of that I had high blood pressure. As a child my mother was a smoker, I always saw her smoking and at the age of 12 I tried one of her cigarettes for the first time and I liked it and from then on I just couldn’t stop. The father of my children used to smoke marijuana and I decided to try it one day and that is how I started smoking marijuana. As a result of the drug use I had many problems with my husband, my children, and my financial life because I wasn’t managing the money correctly. My husband at one point fell very ill to the point of having 5 strokes in one month, I said to myself that God must have been with him because most people don’t even survive one. My sister who already attended The Universal Church had invited me to the church and because I had seen a great change in her, I didn’t hesitate to come. As I started taking part of the Chain of Prayers every Friday I saw my life changing then the campaign of Israel came up and I decided to join the campaign after I had made my sacrifice great things started happening to me. God delivered me from smoking cigarettes and marijuana after 40 years. I thank God for blessing me after being to church for just three months.

Sylvia Singletary – Philadelphia PA

No comments:

Post a Comment