Thursday, June 25, 2009


The good kind of hatred
06/25/09

good_hatred

Who could imagine that there’s a good side to hatred? There are at least two situations where we can see its benefits in action. The hatred for sin and the hatred we endure for the sake of the Lord Jesus Christ (Hebrews 1.9 and Luke 6.22).

As a mere feeling, hatred is a partner to both physical and spiritual death—whoever hates his brother, is a murderer (1 John 3.15).

But the good kind of hatred is directed at sin. Whoever hates sin distances himself from it and draws closer to what is just, pure and holy, showing that this person has taken on God’s nature.

It’s even good to be the object of hatred because of your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. This gives us the privilege to be blessed (Luke 6.22).

The same spirit that worked in the past in Cain also works today. Cain’s offering was disregarded compared to Abel’s offering, which was why hatred sprang up in his heart to kill his own brother.

Those who hate me would like to kill me as well. Since they can’t, they try to do it through the media.

Yet I feel joy and peace in my soul. After all, the Word of my Lord is fulfilled in me.

“And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.” (Matthew 10.22

By Bishop Macedo

No comments:

Post a Comment